About Me

My photo
A child of God who is living, loving and learning in HIS world. Passionate for Creative Arts and loves Floorball

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Poem Based on Psalm 2

Recently, we (my family and I) have taken up the challenge to memorize the whole of Psalms. One night when I was reading over the scriptures, I thought to myself, "I should really try writing a song or poem." And so I did. So anyway, I thought I'd share it with the rest of you.

My Poem based on Psalm 2:
Why do the nations conspire
And the peoples plot in vain?
The kings and rulers take their stand
Against the Lord's promising rain.

"You are my Son," it goes on to say,

"And I have become your Father."
"Ask of me and the nations are yours,
Or the ends of the earth you'd rather."

"You will rule them with a scepter,

And break them like clay."
Tis' a powerful blessing
Now I should dare say.

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry

And you be destroyed in your way.
Take refuge in him all year round
Not only in the month of May!
-ashlynn-

Yup, that's it. I really like it, and I hope you did too. Memorizing these verses as a family has been really fun, although we have not accomplished a lot yet. =) I think we started about 2-3 weeks ago, and most of us are at Psalm 3. Anyone up for this challenge? Let me know!
- Ashlynn Lim -
Ps. Usually Nat is the one who is always writing poems, so I'm really glad I was able to write one this time!

2 comments:

Christopher Koh said...

Next up - you just need to put in a tune in your poems (noticed I use the plural form "poemS". Expecting more from you! :P)

Good job with the poem! ;)

ashlynn said...

Thanks! Glad you lke it =)